Thursday, August 25, 2005

'Global Frequency' TV Pilot Lives On Via P2P

I am one of the last people on the planet to post this information. The reason I re-hash this story is that the creator of 'Global Frequency' is the one-and-only Warren Ellis, one of my favorite comic book writers. I actually took my wife on a trip to San Francisco specifically to meet him at a comic book shop down there. We ended up not going, choosing instead to get drunk at the Tonga Room, a story best left untold for now.

Anyhow, so many people have absolutely loved the TV pilot that I felt a need to point them all in the direction of the comic books that started it all. 'Global Frequency' was a maxi-series of 12 individual comics that came out a couple years back. It was one of Ellis' finer works recently. You can shell out $20 to buy volume one (issues 1-6) and volume two (7-12) or just check out the trade paperbacks at your local library. Either way, if you have seen the pilot, do yourself a favor and read the books.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home