Thursday, March 24, 2005

An Interesting Night...

I had an eventful night last night, all of the events occurring AFTER I fell asleep. Here are those adventures...

My wife and I own a fat, furry cat named Miss Kitty Fantastico (Buffy fans will get it). We usually close the door to prevent her from sleeping on the bed because she tends to sleep on top of rather then next to us. She also radiates heat on an epic scale. Then there are the cat nightmares.

Last night, my wife and I were quite tired, so we got into bed without shutting the door. This was, of course, an open invitation to the cat to join us. She promptly took up residence by our feet. At about 12:30 AM, she awoke, meowing loudly. I'm a light sleeper so I sat upright and noticed her looking around confused. Like I said - cat nightmares. As I lay back down, quite annoyed, she slinked up the bed between us and stuck her face into mine, seeking solace. Mean, mean man that I am, I shoved her away. Giving up on me, she began crawling ON TOP OF my wife's head. At this point, my wife awoke with a muffled "whositwhatsit?"

For those who love animals, skip this next part. Angered by the attempted smothering of my wife, I picked up and hurled the cat several feet across the room and off the bed. This was no mean feat considering she weighs 15 pounds. I then flew out of bed and chased my thoroughly confused cat out of the room and shut the door. Like I said - mean, mean man.

Interruption over, I fell back asleep...until 2:30 AM that is. It was then that I awoke to the scene of my wife, apparently sleepwalking, crawling off the end of the bed by my feet and tumbling to the floor. Like a seasoned physical comedian adept at pratfalls, she sprang to her feet and, giggling, declared "I'm OK, I'm OK!" as if the stunt I had just witnessed was entirely intentional. Terrified, I asked her what she was doing and if she was really OK. Her response was to simply return to bed, lie down next to me and fall fast asleep.

Needless to say, I did not fall asleep right away, the adrenaline keeping me awake for some time. When asked about the incident this morning, my wife had no recollection of the incident, save for a sore back. That was my night. How was yours?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home